Friday, August 9, 2013

Dream X Reality

"Dreamers Often Lie, In Bed asleep while they do dream things true" _W. Shakespeare

I love to dream. I have vivid dreams. Younger, I was afraid of how vivid my dreams were. As i got older, they got more intense. I once thought i had sleep apnea. My mind would wake up, but my body would be in paralysis. Not fun when you have no idea what's going on...

Now, however, i prefer to dream. I find myself yearning to sleep just so i can go somewhere else. This has been my mini 'permission slip'. And how grateful i am for this.

I dreamt a dream last night. Nothing too out of the ordinary for my dream like standards. Zombies, i believe. I can't recall the extent of the dream but that wasn't the important factor for me today. I woke up and was cognizant of reality, but was still able to fall back into sleep. Normally, I am groggy and have a difficult time recognizing realty vs dream. But this time, i knew what was going on. Still groggy, but i was in complete control. I wanted to play around with it. I wanted to understand the difference of reality and the dream. After going back in forth with this, i came to the conclusion that they are both relatively the same. I just feel heavier here in reality but then.. as my day in reality continued i lost all memory of my dream i also just 'feel' so much more here. Feelings in dreams are still feelings but they feel different. Okay, not descriptive enough i know, but i can't really put it into words. It feels light and fluffy. Even the scary feelings dont feel as intensely scary. More like fun. Easily to bounce around. A bit schizophrenic without the negative conotation. Schizo without the disability. Able to snap into any feeling you feel like having. Sometimes, you really want to be sad, scared,... so you just feel it. And my understanding is that you create your realities to react in those ways.

If you think about it, this is fucking fantastic. So much fun. I can't wait to play!!

Reality is exactly the same, just heavier. So a bit more care needs to happen here in. Think of it this way... You are in a bounce house. you get to experience bouncing up and down, flips and flops. Bump into people, crash uncontrollably. All of it. You can do the same on the street, on concrete. Only problem is that the environment has changed the feelings you feel. So, when you do your flip, you have to be a bit stronger or else you fall. And if you fall, you bleed. And when you bleed, you feel shock and pain.

Some would prefer the bounce house, but imagine living in a bounce house all of your life. you'll want to experience pain and blood.

We as creators, are here to create new experiences. Same old same old, is not what we're meant for.

No comments:

Post a Comment